This Week in Grace – Oct 1- 7, 2012
This Week in Grace …
The First Word
9 In those days Jesus came from Nazareth of Galilee and was baptized by John in the Jordan. 10 And when he came up out of the water, immediately he saw the heavens being torn open and the Spirit descending on him like a dove. 11 And a voice came from heaven, “You are my beloved Son; with you I am well pleased.” (Mark 1:9-11 ESV) What a glorious picture of the triune God and the relationship shared in self-giving love. The Father, Son, and Holy Spirit give glorifying love to one another and thus God is infinitely and profoundly happy. And this fellowship of mutually self-giving love God has been enjoying for all of eternity. To think that we have been redeemed to enter into this fellowship with the Triune God is overwhelming indeed.
• Lighthouse Bible study Our next Bible study at the Lighthouse will be this Tuesday, Oct. 9th. Information can be found HERE.
- C2C Cadre with Jeff Vandersteldt and Caesar Kalinowski in Edmonton on Thursday Oct. 4: This is a one day event focused on missional communities. I am going and would love to have as many join in as possible. The cost is $10 to be paid at the door. Pre-registration is required. We are planning to leave for Edmonton after the work day on Wed. Oct 3. The training is during the day on Thursday until around 3:30 pm. We would then head back to Saskatoon that afternoon, so everyone can be home for work on Friday! Thus, you would only need to take one day off of work, and it would be a great road trip, if we travelled together. If you are interested please letMurray know.
The Gospel Project for Grace Kids
- We still could use another 3 volunteers to round out the schedule, but we are thankful to have enough volunteers to have saturated. get started. A big thank you to all our volunteers who set aside their own agenda to love others in this way. You are a picture of the Gospel.
- Week three – Parents’ take home letter can be found HERE.
- Have you been connecting with us, and believe God is calling you to be a part of Grace Fellowship. Consider making it “official” and partnering with us. You can find out more about partnering with us HERE.
Gospel Community Group Life
This week’s message, The Dance, from Mark 1:9-20 is online. You can get the community group discussion questions in pdf there as well.
Not in a Community Group? We have groups that meet in various places in the city. To get plugged-in connect with us here.
The City Helps
(If you’re not on The City yet click here to get an invitation. You must enter “kiosk” as the user name and “jesussaves” as the password)
From the Blog
The Last Word
Jesus came into Galilee, proclaiming the gospel of God, 15 and saying, “The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand; repent and believe in the gospel.”it is written in Isaiah the prophet,
(Mark 1:14b-15 ESV)